Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 21" wheel questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about getting a set of grey OEM 21" wheels to compliment the new Tesla I have arriving soon and use them maybe 1/2 the year and switch back to the 19" the other half. I know the 21" wear more rapidly. My questions are as follows:

1) the set I have found is staggered off a P85+, I was reading on tire rack that the 245/35 R21 tires would fit the rear despite the wider rim, all the manufacturers versions of this tire can do this, but has anyone done this?

2) the Hankook Ventus look like an exceptional value. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I'm thinking about getting a set of grey OEM 21" wheels to compliment the new Tesla I have arriving soon and use them maybe 1/2 the year and switch back to the 19" the other half. I know the 21" wear more rapidly. My questions are as follows:

1) the set I have found is staggered off a P85+, I was reading on tire rack that the 245/35 R21 tires would fit the rear despite the wider rim, all the manufacturers versions of this tire can do this, but has anyone done this?
2) the Hankook Ventus look like an exceptional value. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Let me offer my experience with Tesla tires and wheels:

1. The wider 9" rear wheels will fit the 245/35 R21 tires just fine.
2. The Hankook Ventus V12 is a great tire at half the price of the OEM Michelin tire. I run them on my Porsche.
3. I use 19" all season tires in the winter and 21" performance tire in the summer to optimize performance. :cool: