Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some updates from my first week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spectrum

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2018
Atlanta
As a follow up to my original post: Say hello to my (not so) little friend!

I learned a few minor things:
  • A/C still makes weird noises (gurgling) but only if it's really hot
  • The Window seals squeak way louder in the heat
  • As of yesterday, sometimes I hear a loud "click" in the back of the car whenever I go over a bump, enter my driveway, or the car seems to "flex" on a rough road. This sound is comparable to the "click" of the rear liftgate locking into place. I'm hoping it's not anything major and just the new car settling, but I'm worried if it's my rear motor or axle?
That being said — I really love this car in ways I could have never imagined, and I'm only posting this to start a discussion to help someone who may have these same quibbles.
It sucks that my service appointment is in 1.5 weeks and I can't really tint my car until the window thing is fixed. I will try WD40 Silicone in a couple days and report back with the results.

The window seal issue seems very common. Easy fix I believe with a bit of lube in the right spot.
Haven't experienced the other issues you mention, so at least you know they are not normal. On a very rough road I might hear the odd minor creak from the FWDs as the body shell twists, but no distinct clicking noise. On normal roads it's the quietest car (in terms of interior creaks and rattles) that I've ever owned and given the lack of engine noise that's quite an achievement. It feels really solidly built, which I was not expecting given some of the threads you read on here!

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
That being said — I really love this car in ways I could have never imagined, and I'm only posting this to start a discussion to help someone who may have these same quibbles.

Everyone here is super glad you still are able to enjoy your car. If this was posted in the model 3 thread, i'd hear a long speech about how tesla sucks and you were going to go buy a i-pace.

If the service appointment is in 1.5 weeks, you should be fine to get the windows tinted now. I tinted before I dropped it off and told them. They may have replaced one piece, but my tinter was aware of that and still wanted to tint at our scheduled appointment anyway. It usually just cures in 3 days, so you should have time to tint now if you wanted.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA