Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Somehow changed to old stealth order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bad news. Apparently a glitch is what this is.

From my sales rep: "
I am still seeing the price for the performance upgrade as $15,490 and not $21,990 as listed above, so I sent an email to our order operations team to see what was going on. They confirmed the price will be changed to the $21,990 on your order agreement, as it was updated in error last night and is not the correct pricing."

She was hoping they would honor the given price but it didnt work out that way. Oh well. No lottery win for me.

Bad news. Apparently a glitch is what this is.

From my sales rep: "
I am still seeing the price for the performance upgrade as $15,490 and not $21,990 as listed above, so I sent an email to our order operations team to see what was going on. They confirmed the price will be changed to the $21,990 on your order agreement, as it was updated in error last night and is not the correct pricing."

She was hoping they would honor the given price but it didnt work out that way. Oh well. No lottery win for me.

Has the order agreement actually been changed yet?
Is your plan to go with full P3+, Stealth at the same cost or AWD now given this latest news?

It’s just my opinion but I think the Stealth package was basically discontinued when Tesla decided to offer the “boost” package for the AWD.

It’s a shame.

I absolutely love my 2019 Stealth.

I thought it would likely be flagged as an error. I’m still curious for Tesla to explain why they brought the Stealth back but kept the price the same as Performance.

I think it is just a matter of supply and demand. There are enough people who will just pay it. They sell every car they produce and they can't produce them fast enough. They will probably drop the price every once in a while like we have seen them do in the past.

Guys.... I took delivery of my AWD yesterday. I’ve owned multiple mustangs, Lexus, and just recently came from a C6 Z06 Vette. That’s why I really wanted the stealth performance. At the service center while picking up my car, I talked to a p3 owner, a boost AWD owner and a standard AWD owner. They all agreed on one thing. What I was getting will blow me away. I shrugged, told them my stories and still told them I’d buy the boost. The boost guy said his car is exactly as quick as the P3 after a small rollout but he’s not sure if he’d do it again. They repeated, try it first, trust us. Lol. I took it home and loved every second and never floored it. Last night after traffic finally calmed down, I took it out and opened it up. OMG, it is a completely different animal!!! My Z would slide everywhere if I hit it in second and going into third and then after the chaos, 3rd/4th were mean. My AWD blows it away in downright raw pull. It’s seriously amazing and I have been proven wrong. Lol. Seriously ZERO regrets. You will not be disappointed in any new 3 AWD. I can only describe it as a Lexus IS with spaceship motors. Lol. It’s a slight whine that puts a smile on my face every time.

Guys.... I took delivery of my AWD yesterday. I’ve owned multiple mustangs, Lexus, and just recently came from a C6 Z06 Vette. That’s why I really wanted the stealth performance. At the service center while picking up my car, I talked to a p3 owner, a boost AWD owner and a standard AWD owner. They all agreed on one thing. What I was getting will blow me away. I shrugged, told them my stories and still told them I’d buy the boost. The boost guy said his car is exactly as quick as the P3 after a small rollout but he’s not sure if he’d do it again. They repeated, try it first, trust us. Lol. I took it home and loved every second and never floored it. Last night after traffic finally calmed down, I took it out and opened it up. OMG, it is a completely different animal!!! My Z would slide everywhere if I hit it in second and going into third and then after the chaos, 3rd/4th were mean. My AWD blows it away in downright raw pull. It’s seriously amazing and I have been proven wrong. Lol. Seriously ZERO regrets. You will not be disappointed in any new 3 AWD. I can only describe it as a Lexus IS with spaceship motors. Lol. It’s a slight whine that puts a smile on my face every time.

Congrats and Welcome to the future. ;) I am a prior Corvette Z06 owner as well. There is no drama with the Tesla which is good and bad depending on what you are after. The V8 sound, vibration, rowing your own gears offers a deeper connection to the car and I do miss it every once in a while. The Tesla is a much better all around vehicle as it tends to do everything really well. The instant torque never gets old.

Reactions: byeLT4

did you buy the boost yet?

Wait till you Boost it...

Reactions: JasonR67
Can anyone who has ordered a Performance model or even the new "Stealth" Performance model with the 18" wheels post a screenshot/wording of their design? My only worry is it is somehow indeed the "Performance Boost" but it says nothing about that.View attachment 508044

I see it was a pricing error but to answer the language/wording question to not confuse with the boost option, my stealth mid-2019 shows exactly what you posted and “Long range all wheel drive performance”.

did you buy the boost yet?
Yep, on the 9th :)
upload_2020-2-14_21-46-24.jpeg

Last edited: