Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Someone buy this X 100D 6 seater with EAP for $69K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen this mentioned a few times the last couple of days, and I feel like I need to respond.

Everyone looking for the most amazing inventory deals, please realize that no matter how they are found, they last only minutes before someone sees it and buys the car.

Besides EV-CPO and the other sites, there are A LOT of independent people constantly searching Tesla's site on their own for a good deal, either manually by plugging in zip codes, or macros, or their own API scripts (I've helped a few people do this for their own use). So the actual window of time these deals are available to be captured by any website is very, very short. And it's not possible to scan every zip code and every car on Tesla's site every four minutes to capture every possible deal or listed car (well, you can try, but Tesla will actively ban your IP address if you try too hard).

I'm sure there are lots of amazing deals that EV-CPO caught based solely on good timing, that other sites didn't catch before they were snatched up and delisted. Will EV-CPO miss a few good deals because they're listed so briefly? Sure. But so will every other site out there. For the inventory cars with the biggest discounts, all the sites use the same API and access methods, so really, it just gets down to which site (or other independent users or their scripts) found the good deals first.

And I know there have been lots of amazing deals people have gotten that no site had time to catch.

Thank you for such a great tool. Timing, as you state, is essential In finding a good deal. After loosing out on 3 cars because of slow response getting photos, I finally scored a win last March. I took delivery of my 2015 S85D with only 12,004 miles on April 3, 2019. The filters allowed me to search for the options I was looking for at a great price!

My sincere gratitude to EV-CPO.com.
8D852236-10F9-40F1-9816-32CF4611AAB7.jpeg

I've seen this mentioned a few times the last couple of days, and I feel like I need to respond.

Everyone looking for the most amazing inventory deals, please realize that no matter how they are found, they last only minutes before someone sees it and buys the car.

Besides EV-CPO and the other sites, there are A LOT of independent people constantly searching Tesla's site on their own for a good deal, either manually by plugging in zip codes, or macros, or their own API scripts (I've helped a few people do this for their own use). So the actual window of time these deals are available to be captured by any website is very, very short. And it's not possible to scan every zip code and every car on Tesla's site every four minutes to capture every possible deal or listed car (well, you can try, but Tesla will actively ban your IP address if you try too hard).

I'm sure there are lots of amazing deals that EV-CPO caught based solely on good timing, that other sites didn't catch before they were snatched up and delisted. Will EV-CPO miss a few good deals because they're listed so briefly? Sure. But so will every other site out there. For the inventory cars with the biggest discounts, all the sites use the same API and access methods, so really, it just gets down to which site (or other independent users or their scripts) found the good deals first.

And I know there have been lots of amazing deals people have gotten that no site had time to catch.

I agree!! Thanks for running and maintaining a great website.

Reactions: EV-CPO
I put in an order for a 2016 90D. But I keep seeing these amazing deals that people find for 2017 or 2018, 100Ds. And I ask myself - should I cancel the order for the used S and work harder to find one of these crazy-priced unicorn cars? Part of me wants to wait and hunt for a unicorn. Part of me just wants to get the 2016 because it's a good deal, and a sure thing. Will I regret getting the older tech and style? (It's pre-refresh). Or better to pay another 10-12k and get the newest and "best."? I don't FSD. I'm not made of money, but I can afford another 10K if it means everything is newest tech with longer range. Thoughts? Thank you.

Reactions: rafacq
I put in an order for a 2016 90D. But I keep seeing these amazing deals that people find for 2017 or 2018, 100Ds. And I ask myself - should I cancel the order for the used S and work harder to find one of these crazy-priced unicorn cars? Part of me wants to wait and hunt for a unicorn. Part of me just wants to get the 2016 because it's a good deal, and a sure thing. Will I regret getting the older tech and style? (It's pre-refresh). Or better to pay another 10-12k and get the newest and "best."? I don't FSD. I'm not made of money, but I can afford another 10K if it means everything is newest tech with longer range. Thoughts? Thank you.
If you can afford another $12K, then get the newer car! For me AP1 works just fine! Good luck. Would like to see pictures of the car after you get it!