Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to know the fate of the LR RWD?????????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been hounding Tesla for information as to the fate of those who put 2500 down on a LR RWD. We all know that option disappeared from the Tesla site about two weeks ago. Some FAQs say RWD not in production others do not sat this. My sales rep told me when the model disappeared from the website that my order was still good. I noticed like many others who upgraded to the sports wheels, now called Gemini and are the standard, that we were all ungraded to induction wheels without our consent. We were left with no way to refuse this upgrade and have a reduction in cost.

I got a phone call today from Tesla telling me they be "reaching out" to those who put a deposit on the LR RWD very soon. The employees are frustrated that they have not been given any information on the fate of our orders. We are frustrated also.

Please share any information regarding the fate of the LR RWD.

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93
I too am one of the RWD reservation holders. I was on the fence when I ordered the RWD, but I really have no need for the AWD. Had I known at the time of my order the RWD would have been cancelled or delayed it would have swayed me into choosing the AWD version. Now the price has increased an additional $990 so I'm waiting to hear what Tesla has to say. I'm more than willing to pay the increase in cost to "upgrade" to AWD, but I'm not willing to accept the $990 price increase to do so. So, here's hoping Tesla reaches out to us sooner rather than later!

Reactions: jdr93
That document doesn't claim RWD or AWD so doesn't really help.

True, but using the power of common sense, you know that those variants for the 3 are RWD, so the Y would be the same, otherwise you would see the warranty for the Y in their own section. Most people don’t want AWD as they don’t need it. Tesla is just selling the most profitable version first. I am highly confident your cars will be built. You will just be the last ones to the party.

A deposit is not a guarantee of features and prices. Tesla can change them at any time as long as you did not pay fully for the features.

But you are right that Tesla should be more transparent about this.

Prices and features are one thing a entire model is another. But maybe Balt East got the request for all information for my LR RWD but I don’t believe it. I am calling Tesla tomorrow hoping they answer the phone from home l.

Just completed entering all information, waiting for MVPA, VIN and delivery information.
Trade-in is valid for 30 days, RWD details in signature, so...

Insert the voice over of Don LaFontaine...
Cue the music...
Cue the trailer...

Will a MY RWD be delivered in 30 days + Covid 19 closure period?
Will a MY White interior be delivered...
Will a Model Y be hitting the streets shortly...

I'll be baack...Film at 11.

I also just completed filling in all the registration, trade-in and payment information. That seems like a good sign. But the factory closing obviously isn't. While I'd like to have the car now, I am ok waiting a while since I don't want one from the first run and I don't really have many places to drive now anyway. Eventually I really do want a RWD long range. If I end up having to cancel then maybe they'll have a second generation version next year with the next battery technology and even longer range and/or cheaper.