Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 — RADARSAT Constellation - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

(taken from SpaceX F9 - 1st 2nd Reuse - SSO-A - SLC-4E )
Grendal said:
The next RTLS, as long as Vandenberg allows it, will likely be the Radarsat constellation in mid-February. Probably also a second or third reuse booster.
Click to expand...​
Still no date announced for this launch as far as I know. Anyone have some news?

Launch Date: June 12
Launch Window: 1417 GMT (10:17 a.m. EDT; 7:17 a.m. PDT)
Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg
Booster Recovery: Yes
Booster Type: Reused - B1051.2
Mass: 1475 kg
Orbit: Sun-synchronous orbit

RADARSAT Constellation - Wikipedia
Radarsat Constellation 1, 2, 3 (RCM 1, 2, 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grendal
Okay, but SpaceX has stated that they have two separate launch teams, one for each coast, so in theory what happens in Florida should not impact to much what happens at VAFB. That said, of course 2nd stages and fairings have to be built, boosters have to be tested in Texas, and all kinds of things have to happen to get an F9 to the pad, wherever that pad is located.

I’ll be happy if the RADARSAT Constellation launch gets postponed to April, it will increase the likelihood that I will be able to be at VAFB to watch it.

Reactions: Grendal
I am Canadian, and I just now read-up on these satellites (a 1B$ constellation of 3) becasue I just realized they are Canadian sats?

(Ignore the alarmist title and tone): Canadian Space Agency confident in rocket being used to launch $1 billion satellite despite U.S. investigation — National Post

They will play a crucial role in monitoring all three of Canada’s coastlines (Pacific, Atlantic and Arctic). That last one is key, with the shrinking sea ice in the arctic opening all kinds of routes never previously open to navigation. And the complex national sovereignty issues that opens up in the Arctic.

I just realized they are Canadian sats?

Yeah, built by MDA in Montreal. Some good stuff in the downloads here: Radar

...with the shrinking sea ice in the arctic opening all kinds of routes never previously open to navigation.

So it turns out the American politician that said CO2 is a good thing was right...right? :confused: