Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - 1st Block 5 - Bangabandhu-1 - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand what “standard” means in this statement: “...due to a standard ground system auto abort...”.

I think that means that there wasn't anything really wrong. However if something isn't registering correctly then the system will call a halt. So if a cable has come loose to a group of sensors then you'd get a halt. It was something with the ground equipment and had nothing to do with registering a fault on the rocket. Maybe we'll get more details tomorrow.

Nominal liftoff, MECO was good, 1st stage landing!!!, and second stage engine cutoff.

Bad video for 1st stage reentry and recovery but otherwise perfect.

This was one of the best webcasts. It was compelling to see how this satellite will impact the country of Bangladesh and the region.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman and e-FTW
It looked to me like they changed the cameras mounted on the first and second stages. The color rendering from the second stage was clearly different and the first stage camera was shaking a LOT. Maybe it has a vibration isolation mount, but it made the image really unstable even under small impulses like the cold gas thrusters.

I am probably only one to listen to the leader of country speech. Was surprised to hear “they leased orbit from Russia”. Are orbits owned?
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) allocates orbits and frequencies to keep some sense of order. I imagine Bangladesh "leased" an orbit and a frequency from the country it had already been assigned to: in this case, Russia.
Robin