Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Starlink Group 6-7 - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch Date: July 28
Launch Window: 12:01AM EDT (9:01PM PDT on the 27th, 04:01 UTC)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS), Florida
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS - ASOG
Booster: B1062.15
Fairings: Reused - 2nd time each
Mass: 22 Starlink 2.0 mini Satellites
Orbit: LEO
Yearly Launch Number: 50

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the 81st group of satellites for SpaceX’s Starlink broadband network, a mission designated Starlink 6-7. The Starlink Group 6-7 mission is the third V2 mini launch to their second generation constellation. V2satellites are also being sent to the second generation constellation with the Group 5 missions.

The Starlink Group 6-7 mission is headed to the 43º inclination shell of Starlink's second generation constellation. Satellites in this shell will be orbiting Earth in a 530km circular orbit at 43º inclination. This mission will carry 21 Starlink v2 Mini satellites into a 344x353km 43° orbit and from there they'll raise their orbits to operational altitude.

1688660416097.png

Last edited:
Serious question- How are they going to launch both this and Falcon heavy within an hour of each other and land all 3 boosters on drone ships? Do they have 3 drone ships in the Atlantic now? I suspect something has to move, probably this launch Or are they doing RTLS LZ1 and LZ2 now instead of drone ship for the FH side booster landings?

Reactions: Grendal
Serious question- How are they going to launch both this and Falcon heavy within an hour of each other and land all 3 boosters on drone ships? Do they have 3 drone ships in the Atlantic now? I suspect something has to move, probably this launch Or are they doing RTLS LZ1 and LZ2 now instead of drone ship for the FH side booster landings?
I see that the FH launch is going to use RTLS for the side boosters now. That is a change since the launch was first announced

I see that the FH launch is going to use RTLS for the side boosters now. That is a change since the launch was first announced
Yes. Up until three or four days ago it was thought that it was going to be a dual ASDS landing. Apparently there is enough margin in the newest Merlins to allow for an RTLS on the boosters. RTLS is always the preferred method of recovery if the margins allow for it.