Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Falcon 9 FT - Intelsat 35e - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New tweet last night from Elon, quote:

"We're going to spend the 4th doing a full review of rocket & pad systems. Launch no earlier than 5th/6th. Only one chance to get it right …"

My guess is that SpaceX is not 100% certain what caused the T-00:09 second launch abort. From what they said after the first launch attempt and abort, they thought they had identified the problem. But then on the second launch attempt there was a computer abort at the same time in the launch sequence.

Space is hard. As Gwynne Shotwell said recently, paraphrasing, "There are about a million things that have to happen perfectly to have successful mission". Just one wrong thing means failure.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Launch day probability of violating launch weather constraints: 10%
Primary concern(s): Cumulus Cloud Rule

Delay day probability of violating launch weather constraints: 10%
Primary concern(s): Cumulus Cloud Rule

Window opens at 7:38 pm EDT

Last edited:
DEArwXIUMAAPn67.jpg

Finally. Complete success. SpaceX broke two records for this one. This was their heaviest GTO satellite to date and this is their 10th launch of the year. That is two more than their previous best year.

We have over a month until the next launch. This is a planned downtime to get work done on 39A in preparation for Falcon Heavy.

LC-40 is also being worked on because FH needs that pad up and running to take over the larger amount of F9 launches.

It's been mentioned before but FH needs 39A and can also launch F9s as we've seen. SpaceX wants 40 up and running in case something happens with FH and manages to shut 39A down. A failure with FH would not stop F9s from launching unless there was some direct connection in the anomaly to both designs.

Next up is CRS-12 and the Air Force launch in August.

I missed the live broadcast, so I tried watching the replay of the webcast about 15 minutes ago. The audio was WAY out of sync (video was 30 seconds before liftoff and audio said they were at MaxQ). Hopefully they get the audio corrected on the recording on YouTube.

I missed the live broadcast, so I tried watching the replay of the webcast about 15 minutes ago. The audio was WAY out of sync (video was 30 seconds before liftoff and audio said they were at MaxQ). Hopefully they get the audio corrected on the recording on YouTube.

odd, are you sure you watched the SpaceX hosted and not the mirror copy by that other guy?

I watched it live, and when my wife came home I brought up the replay and played it for here, no synch issue.

But I did have to each time avoid the mirror copy that isn't by the official SpaceX channel.

Yep, I opened the YouTube page by clicking in the video on the official SpaceX webcast Intelsat 35e Mission | SpaceX page. I've seen this happen before on recordings of live videos in the hours right after the live broadcast. I think SpaceX goes in and trims some of the lead-in video after the fact in the recording and it just takes a little for everything to get re-encoded properly.