Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX Prepared for 'Most Difficult Launch Ever' - STP-2 FH launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll probably try to stick it out but my husband will probably not. He was here for the 8:30 timeframe so I know he would like to see it. Seems like lately he’s either been at work, been in traffic or it’s too early or late for him to catch. More fun to watch live though. The boosters at night should be great to see and I’m sure there will be lighting on the pad for the side boosters’ return for extra illumination of the area. Wonder how the drone ship view will be if the center booster gets to land.

Core booster shut down and separated on way to drone. Fairing separation successful too.

Entry burn on sides completed. Landed upright on the pads. Very cool sight.

Center core came close, really close but didn’t make it. Dang, but nice view coming down. Too bad.

Last edited:
Some driveway shots...
Screenshot_20190625-025415_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190625-025430_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190625-025439_Gallery.jpg

If you watch the replay you’ll see a fleeting moment when PPOD8 is deployed. Tried hard to catch a grab of it but couldn’t time it but it shoots off towards the top of the video. Think that’s the only one I was able to discern. Not sure how much longer I’ll hang on tonight but super happy to see how well it’s gone. Lots of happy people so far. Amazing how many groups work got launched with this one FH9.

Last edited: