Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spare wheel for Model 3 Performance MY20 (20")?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for a cheap spare wheel for my Performance Model 3 (big brakes, 20" OEM). I have a very long trip planned (9200km round trip to WA) and am very uncomfortable doing it without a spare.

I would also be happy to rent a spare from someone in Melbourne for the 3 week trip (and pay for it in full if it gets used).

Another option that I have been investigating is a cut down of some sort, although that one seems a bit hard around here with all the common donor cars like Hyundai Equus being unavailable in Australia.

Looking for a cheap spare wheel for my Performance Model 3 (big brakes, 20" OEM). I have a very long trip planned (9200km round trip to WA) and am very uncomfortable doing it without a spare.

I would also be happy to rent a spare from someone in Melbourne for the 3 week trip (and pay for it in full if it gets used).

Another option that I have been investigating is a cut down of some sort, although that one seems a bit hard around here with all the common donor cars like Hyundai Equus being unavailable in Australia.
I do some bigger km's in the Country in my Model S and ended up buying an extra 19" Rim from Tesla when I changed my Wheels from 21" to 19".
The other important thing to ensure is that you have a way to change the Wheel if the worst kicks in... The general consensus is using a Porsche Style Jack from the 70's-80's.. Rated to 1000kg, Aluminium and very light..