Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY20 Model 3 US built how to install 2024.14.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
okay. will do what you said. I was thinking to do custom-install
There is no "custom install" for Tesla software / firmware. You can go into the service menu and trigger a download, and it will be the same version that is on your car right now.

There is zero way to make your car download any specific new software version. Its likely one of the most frequent topics here, just after anything to do with battery topics.

THANKS I am now started building up a friendly network to help with trouble-shooting both model 3 and Y here in Australia. (with several mechanic(s) here they are both having their own Garage for commercial) and I do tech support in software driven for them and marketing.

I JUST WANT to know HOW TESLA DEAL WITH THIS on their warranty period, If there is a problem, even TESLA PEOPLE THEY WOULD NOT REFRESH the version ? and how they perform firmware version checking ?

I JUST WANT to know HOW TESLA DEAL WITH THIS on their warranty period, If there is a problem, even TESLA PEOPLE THEY WOULD NOT REFRESH the version ? and how they perform firmware version checking ?
How would Tesla deal with what? As mentioned earlier, there’s nothing you can do to install a different version of the software, regardless of your technical abilities.

How would Tesla deal with what? As mentioned earlier, there’s nothing you can do to install a different version of the software, regardless of your technical abilities.
Has anyone with a Model 3 MY20 (Intel chip) received the update as yet?
not yet. I am still waiting. I have put ADVANCE on the update settings and will be the earliest to get that download I think, Thanks

not yet. I am still waiting. I have put ADVANCE on the update settings and will be the earliest to get that download I think,

Think again. You'll get it when you get it. Not before. I've never been offered anything to download until long after others in the local FB group have been offered it. Then again, I don't give a sh&t about the car being up to date, and I don't use FSD for city street driving and I'm not a social media influencer. So there's no reason why tesla would send me advanced updates.

As for your question about how tesla people deal with software installs, in my experience, they don't know any more than you do. They had to update my well out of date car when it was in for warranty service (two recalls were included in the undone updates so I didn't bother trying to avoid those updates after letting 5 others expire and going almost 5 months without updating.)

The service department did the update but it didn't take. The update arrow went away, the car showed I no longer had any updates awaiting but the old software was still installed. I had to escalate and they finally pushed (over a several hours) the updates to me over LTE. Even that wasn't completed successfully and it took another service call for them to clear the download arrow (it showed as a download pending but my car had the latest software and when I drove over to the service centre to download whatever it thought needed downloading, nothing happened, the download pending arrow remained, nothing downloaded.)

I was offered 2024.3.15 April 25, but didn't bother to download and that offer was removed and, as of April 30, I'm currently being offered 2024.3.25 but will wait until the new spring update is available (and stable) before updating again. In other words it will likely be another 100+ days before I'll bother to update. Note: Teslafi shows 2024.3.15 first being offered on April 10 and 2024.3.25 on April 28. So you can see "advanced" isn't really the key to early update availability. It is a placebo put in there to make people feel like they are doing something.

just curious - was your M3 originally slated for Australia and sold by Tesla, or was it a grey market/third party import?

Do you have LTE (or any) connectivity?
yes MY20 originally slated for Australia I bought it through TESLA AUSTRALIA, it was built in CA Tesla factory before they built in Shanghai, yes it has LTE same sim card installed, $9.99 Premium Connectivity monthly

Think again. You'll get it when you get it. Not before. I've never been offered anything to download until long after others in the local FB group have been offered it. Then again, I don't give a sh&t about the car being up to date, and I don't use FSD for city street driving and I'm not a social media influencer. So there's no reason why tesla would send me advanced updates.

As for your question about how tesla people deal with software installs, in my experience, they don't know any more than you do. They had to update my well out of date car when it was in for warranty service (two recalls were included in the undone updates so I didn't bother trying to avoid those updates after letting 5 others expire and going almost 5 months without updating.)

The service department did the update but it didn't take. The update arrow went away, the car showed I no longer had any updates awaiting but the old software was still installed. I had to escalate and they finally pushed (over a several hours) the updates to me over LTE. Even that wasn't completed successfully and it took another service call for them to clear the download arrow (it showed as a download pending but my car had the latest software and when I drove over to the service centre to download whatever it thought needed downloading, nothing happened, the download pending arrow remained, nothing downloaded.)

I was offered 2024.3.15 April 25, but didn't bother to download and that offer was removed and, as of April 30, I'm currently being offered 2024.3.25 but will wait until the new spring update is available (and stable) before updating again. In other words it will likely be another 100+ days before I'll bother to update. Note: Teslafi shows 2024.3.15 first being offered on April 10 and 2024.3.25 on April 28. So you can see "advanced" isn't really the key to early update availability. It is a placebo put in there to make people feel like they are doing something.
nice to know, we are deadass better than them here on TMC

I might open another discussion about this in next week, I hope to listen all words you guys will say, This ID.4 VM Technician comment is a starter...

Attachments

• VW TECHNICIAN_DCAC_SoH.jpeg
    VW TECHNICIAN_DCAC_SoH.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
I might open another discussion about this in next week, I hope to listen all words you guys will say, This ID.4 VM Technician comment is a starter...
There isnt much need to "open a new discussion" on anything at all, to do with "the battery" here. There are probably more than 100 separate threads, some of them with thousands of posts, on the topic of "the battery" and how you care for it.

Specifically for model 3s, Here is one such thread:

This one has more than 300+ pages (not 300 posts, 300 pages of posts) with more than 6000 posts in it, specifically on the thread topic specified. I could also point you to several (dozen) others, so as to the "I might open up another discussion in a week" as it pertains to "the battery".... please, please dont. Please find an existing one and post in that, instead.

Reactions: PHIEV