Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SparkCharge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard of this company called spark charge ?

They make portable battery packs that you can bring with you on your ride. Not sure if anyone has heard of them or similar companies? SparkCharge Portable Ultra-Fast EV Charging – Range Anxiety Ends Here – Portable EV Chargers and On-Demand Charging Service

I am looking for a way to extend my range. Not sure if you can bring these with you in your car or if they are only for repair companies / roadside assistance.

Also no idea if this company is legit etc..

Anyway let me know your thoughts.

There was a similar product on Shark Tank (or maybe it was this product). Interesting that all the images show a Tesla with the bulky CHAdeMO adapter. You'd think they would have some non-Tesla cars pictured as well.

I think they are priced more for businesses to provide emergency charging services. You could probably buy one but it would be a lot cheaper to just buy some adapters so that you could charge at any outlet and avoid running out of charge in the first place.

Note that the Level 1 package only adds 24 to 30 miles and costs several thousand dollars, IIRC.

Hey thanks for getting back to me. Yea I think they were on shark tank just looked it up so its what your thinking of. Hmm , 24-30 miles does seem like a ton. Cool product / idea anyway though. I am going to look into it a bit more. If it could give me 100 more miles that would be life changing.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
I watched the Shark Tank episode. The guys had a portable charger that he was trying to sell to service (tow truck) type companies. The are working on a smaller (less expensive) version for car owners. A charge would get you around 60-75 miles. It would be like carrying a couple gallons of gas in your ice car. The guy said it could charge up to 60mph. The funny thing was, my wife and I were discussing that very need a day before I watched the episode.
SparkCharge Strikes Million Dollar Deal On Shark Tank For Roadie Portable EV Charger