Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speaker rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to remove this speaker? I am getting a rattle and was wondering if the speaker just pops out so I can see what is loose behind there.

Attachments

• IMG_3438.jpeg
    IMG_3438.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 99
I don't think that is a speaker, but the microphone. Sorry, I'm not sure how it is removed as I've not removed that specific trim. Most of the cabin trim uses a snap fit, but often very tough snaps - to the point where you question if something is going to break when trying to release the snaps.

I had the same issue, It’s not a speaker rattle. It is a screw rubbing the metal structure by the curtain airbag. I fixed it by opening the window seal a shoving some foam between it. Fixed. YouTube has videos on how to remove seal on the model 3. Basically the same thing

I had the same issue, It’s not a speaker rattle. It is a screw rubbing the metal structure by the curtain airbag. I fixed it by opening the window seal a shoving some foam between it. Fixed. YouTube has videos on how to remove seal on the model 3. Basically the same thing
Thank you! May you provide an image showing where you opened the window seal? I'm having a hard time picturing this. The reason why I thought it was the speaker is when I put just a little bit of pressure on the speaker while I'm driving the rattle goes away.

I have this same issue on my 2023 MS. I hope someone could give me detailed guidance how to fix this?

Last edited: