Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MYLR Driverside Upper A Pillar Rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone!

Ive had a buzzing/rattle for sometime on my 2021 MYLR. It sounds like its coming from right behind the upper driver side A-pillar speaker (apologies if there is a correct term i should be using here). Its not consistent and only happens when going over cracks or sharp bumps in the road, highway and side streets. Even then it can vary depending on temperature and speed.

Ive spent the better part of 2 weeks adding foam between all things, tesa tape around every wire and narrow gap, and sound deadening material to every metal area i can think of behind, and around the speaker, curtain air bags, pillar covers, etc. Ive even take the speaker out, added tesa tape between the speaker grill and the speaker and tightened the speaker grill to the a-pillar cover.

Im at a complete loss. Anyone have an idea what might be happening. Ill take a video soon.

Thanks!

Here a quick video.

Unfortunately i've been right over 50k for a bit now, and its been so inconsistent that i haven't been able to have it happen with a tech there whenever i brought it in. tried 3 times and each time I wasn't able to get the noise to happen, and neither could the service center

This video was one of the first times I've been able to actually capture the sound. Its especially prominent between 3 seconds and 20 seconds.