Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speakers Clicking/Clipping from Bluetooth Audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if any of you experience these popping noise issues when listening to audio over Bluetooth. It seems to only happen over Bluetooth. I took it to the Service Center and they said that it'll just be something that needs to update OTA via software. Here is a video I took showing examples of the popping I experience from time to time.

Have any of you had this issue, and were you able to figure out a solution?

It’s driving me crazy. Also how the car is trying to reconcile the volume level with the phone’s and then ends up adjusting the level back down (this is on the high end of the volume).

So you're getting the speakers pop too? Is it happening just on bluetooth, or do you experience it on other sources as well?

And yeah, I wish the car volume was independent of the phone volume :/

General rule of thumb is clipping happens around 75-80% of volume - but in my experience it's not typically that audible. Is the Bluetooth noticeably louder at 70% volume compared to 70% at Spotify?

Are you using an app on your phone, or just music stored there? If just music, is it mp3s? What is the bit rate of the music? I assume by your beatles avatar that it is not some crap rap music recorded in someones basement.

General rule of thumb is clipping happens around 75-80% of volume - but in my experience it's not typically that audible. Is the Bluetooth noticeably louder at 70% volume compared to 70% at Spotify?

Are you using an app on your phone, or just music stored there? If just music, is it mp3s? What is the bit rate of the music? I assume by your beatles avatar that it is not some crap rap music recorded in someones basement.

Haha, I'm listening to classic rock on Spotify using the "Very High" preset (320 kbit/s). However, it happens to me on every app (Spotify, YouTube, Audible, phone calls, etc.), so I don't think it's particular to the app. Also happens to me with other devices.

I have been listening to the radio for the last few days and have experienced 0 clipping. Thinking about purchasing Premium Connectivity for a month so I can see if it happens with the built-in Spotify app.

Haha, I'm listening to classic rock on Spotify using the "Very High" preset (320 kbit/s). However, it happens to me on every app (Spotify, YouTube, Audible, phone calls, etc.), so I don't think it's particular to the app. Also happens to me with other devices.

I have been listening to the radio for the last few days and have experienced 0 clipping. Thinking about purchasing Premium Connectivity for a month so I can see if it happens with the built-in Spotify app.

I don't have much more help to offer at this point. Have you tried a different phone? iPhone vs. Android?