Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit indication inacurate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've found that the speed limit frequently carries over when I turn from one street to another, even if the new street has a different speed limit. It usually corrects itself when passing a speed limit sign. Of course, the car occasionally also reads speed limit signs that only apply to trucks or vehicles with trailers, and that can happen on the highway. You can always override Tesla's suggestion with the scroll wheel.

I have also noticed one spot on a highway near me where the care inexplicably slows down by 10mph even though there's no sign, so I assume it's also using some sort of speed database, whether it's from Google or not. I would think Google would be more accurate, though.

I've found that the speed limit frequently carries over when I turn from one street to another, even if the new street has a different speed limit. It usually corrects itself when passing a speed limit sign. Of course, the car occasionally also reads speed limit signs that only apply to trucks or vehicles with trailers, and that can happen on the highway. You can always override Tesla's suggestion with the scroll wheel.

I have also noticed one spot on a highway near me where the care inexplicably slows down by 10mph even though there's no sign, so I assume it's also using some sort of speed database, whether it's from Google or not. I would think Google would be more accurate, though.
Could you please explain what you mean by override with the scroll wheel? Do you mean within the Autopilot function? I'm hoping to use the speed limit chimes to help me stay within the limits on every day driving but sadly in my area they seem to be wrong on the Tesla database. Is there a way to update them?

Could you please explain what you mean by override with the scroll wheel? Do you mean within the Autopilot function? I'm hoping to use the speed limit chimes to help me stay within the limits on every day driving but sadly in my area they seem to be wrong on the Tesla database. Is there a way to update them?
Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm talking only about manually pushing the Autopilot/cruise control speed back up with the scroll wheel. The car will still think it's speeding. There's no way I'm aware of to try and force an update to Tesla's determined speed limit for a given section of road.