Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify student

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I recently rolled over from normal premium to student premium. Is there any issues with student premium or does the car just view it as normal premium. I ask as this morning it wouldn't play at all. I've not tried reseting, and I use my phone as a mobile hotspot.

Cheers

My Spotify does this all the time (normal Premium). It used to just play every time I got in the car, but now it never does. I have to mess around switching source to radio, letting it play for 30 seconds or so, then switch back to Spotify. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts.

I'm guessing it started with a car software update, but not sure which one.

Reactions: GT_M3 and Durzel
My Spotify does this all the time (normal Premium). It used to just play every time I got in the car, but now it never does. I have to mess around switching source to radio, letting it play for 30 seconds or so, then switch back to Spotify. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts.

I'm guessing it started with a car software update, but not sure which one.
Interesting, I've not had the issue before although I've only had the car since December.

Hi I recently rolled over from normal premium to student premium. Is there any issues with student premium or does the car just view it as normal premium. I ask as this morning it wouldn't play at all. I've not tried reseting, and I use my phone as a mobile hotspot.

Cheers
Sorry for the lift, has anyone else encountered this problem, because I just bought my Model 3 second hand and after two days it no longer plays.

Sorry for the lift, has anyone else encountered this problem, because I just bought my Model 3 second hand and after two days it no longer plays.
Which software version are you on? My Spotify has been behaving slightly better recently, until the update to 2023.12.1, which made it start playing up again. After a 2-button reboot, it seems to be a bit better now (hold both scroll wheels on the sterring wheel down until the screen reboots).