Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

squeaky noise from the center mirror/camera housing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
while driving to NorCal, I heard additional squeaking noise from the center mirror/front camera area and noticed debris as well. So, after returning, I carefully removed the mirror centerpiece by wedging an expired credit card, plus the housing cover for the camera. applied some felt tape on the trim pieces. took for a test drive, viola! The noises are gone! (hope doesn't come back!!). the debris fell out as I removed the camera housing. hope this help other to isolate noises in the cabin. Till the next adventure!!!

noticed additional debris in the housing.jpeg

worked the card carefully will popped out.jpeg

detachable mirror housing.jpeg

removed with expired credit card and a torx 20 bolt.jpeg

glass housing frontal overview.jpeg

glass housing inside overview.jpeg

felt tape on mirror housing.jpeg

felt tape on glass housing.jpeg

Reactions: NanaimoMY
Can you show where you inserted the credit card to take off the housing?
I did find the back (more toward the front of the windshield) where I was most comfortable, where I see the seams/gap can be more significant when you press one of the plastic pieces upwards so you can slit the credit card in.

I did find the back (more toward the front of the windshield) where I was most comfortable, where I see the seams/gap can be more significant when you press one of the plastic pieces upwards so you can slit the credit card in.
I had a ratting noise coming from this area.....brought it in last week and they "insulated the wiring"........then put it back.....noise gone! Now I have a squeak thats coming from my steering column (when I turn) that I need to take it back in for. Painful!