Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Squeaky side mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my new-to-me 2019 I noticed that the passenger door mirror housing will squeak/groan while closing the door. There is a screw that is visible under the mirror that I tightened just a bit, but it doesn't seem related. Thought about shooting some silicone onto the joint in an attempt to quiet it down, or popping off the chromed plastic housing to put some kind of interface material between the plastic and the door, but didn't want to break anything.

I had this issue with 2022 Model S, it could be the same thing since the doors and mirrors are identical. I think bolts are loose from factory. You can either schedule an appointment or try to tighten it if it's an easy DIY for you.

I went ahead and tried @acalis's suggestion of tightening the bolts and it seems to have fixed the issue! I did apply some various lubricants in different places once it had quieted down, so that could have helped too, but it seems like the mirror was just moving too much due to loose bolts. I follow along this video. Here are the bolts:
I only tightened them slightly (they weren't super loose), since I don't know how much you can torque those. It was a pretty easy fix. Appreciate the help!

• Informative
Reactions: beatle