Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ footwell lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Puddle lights are not the same as footwell lights.

Puddle lights are the ones on the bottom of the door cards, illuminating the ground when you get out (hence "puddle"). All Model 3s have these.

SR+/"Model 3" have footwell lights fitted but deactivated.

Upgrading these bulbs is a nice and simple upgrade, particularly if you go for coloured ones or "T" logo, etc.

IMG_5076.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Anyone have any recommendations for replacement puddle lights?

You can get just the footwell lights there if you want.

If you want ones with the T logo then you'd probably have to look at Aliexpress or eBay, because Tesla sent cease & desist letters to US companies who were selling them before.

wow they must be bad if I can't even tell if it has them!
Yup, they're weak. Even just upgrading them to replacement white ones makes a massive difference.

Reactions: guru1
Yup, they're weak. Even just upgrading them to replacement white ones makes a massive difference.

... and for anyone buying them it's worth getting a couple for the boot too (they're all the same size). My car is from 2019 and I had imagined that brighter LEDs would be being used now so this wouldn't be an issue ... I can't remember exactly how much replacements cost but they were cheap.

Reactions: Durzel
If you want ones with the T logo then you'd probably have to look at Aliexpress or eBay, because Tesla sent cease & desist letters to US companies who were selling them before.

Kind of shooting themselves in the foot with that one. Whether you like them or not it always raises a comment when it's dark and a big Telsa "bat signal" is projected onto the ground beside the car! Draws attention to the Tesla brand and it doesn't cost them anything.