Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ Ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my model 3 (with a referral code, thanks to the individual who messaged me!) just a standard range plus but absolutely buzzing.

When I ordered yesterday morning, the expected delivery date was March which tied in wonderfully with my current cars PCP ending. Having been reading a few posts today, it now shows as May!

A little bit of a concern because I’ll likely be without a car for 2 months if that is the case. Anyone got any experience of the likely wait times? It’s a white SR+ with no added extras so hopefully the most common configuration and therefore most likely to be matched.

Worrying times!

Ordered my model 3 (with a referral code, thanks to the individual who messaged me!) just a standard range plus but absolutely buzzing.

When I ordered yesterday morning, the expected delivery date was March which tied in wonderfully with my current cars PCP ending. Having been reading a few posts today, it now shows as May!

A little bit of a concern because I’ll likely be without a car for 2 months if that is the case. Anyone got any experience of the likely wait times? It’s a white SR+ with no added extras so hopefully the most common configuration and therefore most likely to be matched.

Worrying times!

A couple of thoughts spring to mind. There seems to be loads of cars on their way so if you don’t get matched by the time you have to hand your car back you may find what you want on inventory.
Also I had to lose my car with a likely wait of 4-5 weeks. I found that long term small ICE car hire wasn’t much more than my PCP if you shop around or use an online agency.
It’s working for me so far.

A couple of thoughts spring to mind. There seems to be loads of cars on their way so if you don’t get matched by the time you have to hand your car back you may find what you want on inventory.
Also I had to lose my car with a likely wait of 4-5 weeks. I found that long term small ICE car hire wasn’t much more than my PCP if you shop around or use an online agency.
It’s working for me so far.

Hadn’t thought of that! Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

Cheers,

Greg

Reactions: rEV gadget

Worrying times!
I also had a delay on my delivery after selling my Golf R.
Ended up taking a short-ish term rental with Drover.

Highly recommended :)

Worrying times!
Ordered the same spec as you mid June, they said delivery August, delivery was end September.
Frustrating at times, but well worth the wait.
You’ll have time to arrange for your home charging, sort out your energy supplier and those accessories you fancy!
All the best.

Worrying times!
Def keep an eye on inventory (every day!)

I made my order (basic SR+ spec) then found very similar on there the following week that came in on the Cosmos so only ended up waiting a few weeks total and was very pleased :D

I don't know if its the same with PCP but with contract hire you can do what's called an 'Informal extension', where you basically extend the lease for up to 3 months.

It's super easy to do, you don't need to sign any new contracts or anything, and all the monthly payments and maintinance costs remain the same.

Plus if you give the car back early, they refund the days you didn't use.

I did it with my last car due to the Tesla wait, took 5 mins.

with a PCP you essentially have only two options:

1) Buy the car at the contracted price
2) return the car with nothing else to pay

There are no ways to extend the PCP contract.

I'm in the same boat, PCP ending soon, so was hoping for March delivery, but now looking like May/June for me as still not VIN matched.. need a car for school runs and work so timing of getting this all done is a bit of a logistical headache.. I can't plan for return/sale/car hire until I know 100% that I don't have a March delivery... and by the looks of things I may not know that until the end of March! :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: Cowpring
with a PCP you essentially have only two options:

1) Buy the car at the contracted price
2) return the car with nothing else to pay

There are no ways to extend the PCP contract.

I'm in the same boat, PCP ending soon, so was hoping for March delivery, but now looking like May/June for me as still not VIN matched.. need a car for school runs and work so timing of getting this all done is a bit of a logistical headache.. I can't plan for return/sale/car hire until I know 100% that I don't have a March delivery... and by the looks of things I may not know that until the end of March! :confused:

Looking at the Tesla shipping posts it looks like the last ship this quarter will be the Glovis Captain due in Zeebrugge 16th of March. I would have thought that unless you have a VIN, hidden or otherwise, by the first week in March you'll be waiting until May or probably June for a car. Unless you can find one on inventory in March of course.

Looking at the Tesla shipping posts it looks like the last ship this quarter will be the Glovis Captain due in Zeebrugge 16th of March. I would have thought that unless you have a VIN, hidden or otherwise, by the first week in March you'll be waiting until May or probably June for a car. Unless you can find one on inventory in March of course.

I think you're right. Speaking to Tesla today they still suggested I call them next week as lots of stock is in transit.. I'll do that, but my impression is that there is only a slim chance now of a Q1 delivery for me - it is now relying on someone else with same config cancelling their order I would guess.

Last edited:
Repeat the above, I ordered my red SR+ with tow bar beginning of Jan and picked it up last week.
Was made aware of two on inventory and grabbed one which arrived on the first 2020 ship.

EDIT There are about a dozen on there at the moment but no SR+ at the moment.