Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR+ What interior lights are fitted? To order replacements ahead of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to upgrade some of the interior lighting in my upcoming Model 3 SR+ but I'm unsure what lights are fitted where and whether they can be replaced.

I'm aware the footwell lights are non-functional in the SR+, but could anyone with a SR+ please advise what light are fitted in the cabin/doors as well as the trunk?

The reason I ask is that I am going to order some new lights ahead of delivery given the time taken for shipping.

Many thanks in advance.

The only lights in the SR+ are the 4 door puddle lights, glovebox, and 2x trunk lights.

The only ambient lighting missing compared to the "premium interior" are the 2x front footwell lights. The older 2017-2019(?) premium interior also included 4x door pocket lights as well.

Even after updating all of the lights to AO LEDs in my 2018 LR RWD it was still very dark so I added EL light strip to the doors and dash and another LED light under the screen in the center console over the phone charger

Which product did you use for the EL light strips and LED lights under the screen?
This was a homemade solution because I wanted it to be controllable from the screen like OEM, not a 12v or usb I had to manually shut off/turn on each time i wanted to use it.

For the dash, I t-tapped into the switched 12v wire in the driver's side footwell. For the doors, I t-tapped into the door pocket lights which no longer exist (i believe for sometime the wire was still included to tap into). For the center console light, I repurposed the center console cubby hole light connector and ran a LED up to under the screen so when the cubby door was flipped up, my center console LED would light up the phone area.

This was in a 2018 LR RWD so I'm the location of power to tap into has probably changed for a few of these mods.