Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St Augustine, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be driving down from MA and should be hitting this location either late Thanksgiving or early Black Friday, maybe I should call ahead and see if they will block them with cones.

Savannah supercharger to Port Orange supercharger is 232 miles. 65 mph might get you there. There is a phone # for Security at the St Augustine outlet mall on Plugshare comments. 904-806-6555. They claim that if you call this # they will unlock the doors to use the restroom at the mall after hours.

Last edited:
Another alternative to St Augustine is to spend the night in Jacksonville at a hotel that will allow you to charge. Even if it's just 120V you should get enough of a boost to skip directly to Port Orange.

I did this on my way down I-95 and stayed at the Hampton Inn near JAX airport. We ended up stopping at St Augustine anyway, but I think we could've made it all the way to Port Orange if the kids hadn't needed a bathroom break. :)

While getting ICEd is unlikely, if it's going to happen at all it would be on Black Friday. Also, driving to an outlet mall on Black Friday morning might be rather slow and/or unpleasant. I charged there on two consecutive Saturday afternoons in August, and traffic getting into the mall was a real pain. (Everything else about the location, except maybe the dumpster, was just fine.)

Traffic in and out of the main (south) entrance can be heavy and slow even on ordinary shopping days, especially with the speed bumps and pedestrian stops. You might be better off going past it and taking the north entrance which is not only less congested but also wider and faster.

Just an FYI to anyone wanting to charge here today - the outlets are closed and barricaded due to the hurricane that passed harmlessly 4 hours ago. We were able to bypass the barricade but then the security officers told us we could not charge. I could see that the chargers were lit up and there was no way I was going to leave without charging.

They insisted I couldn't charge but after I explained I only had 20 miles of battery left and we only needed to charge for 15 minutes, they relented and let us charge.

I cannot understand how this can happen. Did Tesla not get notified that the chargers were unavailable? And if so, why would the navigation route me to a closed Supercharger?

It appears that the St. Aug Premium Outlets area St. Aug closes nightly and barricades the south and center entrances with a cable across the road. I ran by there on a late night run at end of Aug 2021 around 11pm. Was able to gain access via north entrance. The entry side was blocked, but the exit side was open. After entry, was able to charge while watching the security car with flashing yellow lights move to south end and park for a while. This gave me enough juice to get to Jacksonville - Bowden Road Supercharger, which is 24 hour behind a WAWA station - recommended during low traffic hours. If you plan to visit the St. Aug Supercharger, please check hours of operation first here: Hours for St. Augustine Premium Outlets® - A Shopping Center in St Augustine, FL - A Simon Property and save yourself the aggravation.