Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Standard Range Plus now identified as Standard [Update: bug that only effects Canadian Model 3’s]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Nothing serious but anyone with a Standard Range Plus notice the car
is now identified as a Model 3 "Standard" in the software section?
I'm pretty sure it used to read Model 3 "Standard Plus".
At least this was not changed to "Short Range" as a reporter used it during a talk with Elon Musk, and Elon corrected it immediately...

By the way, could you a link for this 'software' section? On the Tesla website, the name Standard Range Plus is still used.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
At least this was not changed to "Short Range" as a reporter used it during a talk with Elon Musk, and Elon corrected it immediately...

By the way, could you a link for this 'software' section? On the Tesla website, the name Standard Range Plus is still used.

Hi,
When you press the software section in your Model 3 or the Easter Eggs Tesla logo, it shows an image of you car and VIN as well as a description of your model. Just seems weird because I think the Model 3 Standard has less range and features.

IMG_0968.jpg

it does. are you sure you have an SR+? there's a clear delineation between the two vehicles and I would make a fuss if you have an actual SR+ and not a software previewed SR with SR+ range that was recently degraded.

Good points. Mine is 100% SR Plus. I just chatted with Tesla support online chat. He checked the vehicle data and this is what he said:

We're connecting you with a Tesla expert..

Me - Yes I just noticed in my car after 50.7, in the software and easter egg section that shows the image of the car and VIN, it used to identify my car as Model 3 Standard Plus. Now it only says Model 3 Standard. Is this just a bug?

Tesla Jeff - Let me look at your vehicle data, hang on.

Tesla Jeff - Okay, so your vehicle is configured for Standard. It looks like it started, like all Model 3's prior to August 2019, as a Standard Plus, which was actually somewhat of a firmware error. This was fixed in late July 2019.

Tesla Jeff - So, the correction has already been made, where the firmware adjusted the vehicles to Standard Range. That was at the end of July. At the same time, an upgrade became available to get back to Standard+.

I called Tesla service and they also opened up a ticket. The advisor took about 15 minutes to check the data and came back saying my car was indeed a SR+ car but is running on the SR firmware and like you would have the team contact me about fixing this in approx seven days.
I just follow up today. No updates yet, they are aware of the case and will re-send the Tech department. Do you think is a possibility to get the latest firmware/software with 402 KM range ?

I just follow up today. No updates yet, they are aware of the case and will re-send the Tech department. Do you think is a possibility to get the latest firmware/software with 402 KM range ?

Appreciate the update! I read somewhere else that Tesla said the new range (402km) is from a manufacturing efficiency. This was not verified though. Would be nice though,

Reactions: GRNN_Coco
Hi, Nothing serious but anyone with a Standard Range Plus notice the car is now identified as a Model 3 "Standard" in the software section? I'm pretty sure it used to read Model 3 "Standard Plus".
There was a post about this in one of the tesla model 3 groups on fb. A guy posted that this was happening for everyone...I ran out to my car and verified mine is still sr+. The guy replied back later that it appeared it was only happening to people in Canada...looks like a bug for the latest Canada update.

Reactions: GRNN_Coco
There was a post about this in one of the tesla model 3 groups on fb. A guy posted that this was happening for everyone...I ran out to my car and verified mine is still sr+. The guy replied back later that it appeared it was only happening to people in Canada...looks like a bug for the latest Canada update.

Darn, I did in fact lose the immersive audio toggle switch in audio settings because of this bug but still have fog lights.