Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starbase road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, getting ready to head down to check out Starbase in a week or so, be a tourist, take pics and of course Im going to drive the Model Y. Question for the crowd - has anyone done this with A Better Route Planner or other tool? The last leg looks pretty daunting (range anxiety here) - anyone have any input? Done this drive? Think Im nuts? Love to hear thoughts. Attachment for posterity :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 4.53.59 PM.png

Performance Y has plenty of range for that trip. South padre island only has a 2 stall urban, so might be worth charging a bit longer in Kingsville incase there is a line or it's ICEd. From South Padre you have to go around the whole shipping channel to reach Boca, so it's not that much of an inconvenience to pop into Brownsville for some extra charge as needed.

There is a CBP checkpoint on the highway, so don't have anything naughty in the car :)

Performance Y has plenty of range for that trip. South padre island only has a 2 stall urban, so might be worth charging a bit longer in Kingsville incase there is a line or it's ICEd. From South Padre you have to go around the whole shipping channel to reach Boca, so it's not that much of an inconvenience to pop into Brownsville for some extra charge as needed.

There is a CBP checkpoint on the highway, so don't have anything naughty in the car :)
Thanks. Yeah, Ive been to McAllen/Laredo/Del Rio plenty so I know all about the checkpoints. I just have no experience with the superchargers, or really superchargers at all (this being my first electric car) - I am just way paranoid. I definitely appreciate the input.

So, getting ready to head down to check out Starbase in a week or so, be a tourist, take pics and of course Im going to drive the Model Y. Question for the crowd - has anyone done this with A Better Route Planner or other tool? The last leg looks pretty daunting (range anxiety here) - anyone have any input? Done this drive? Think Im nuts? Love to hear thoughts. Attachment for posterity :)

View attachment 730121
How did the trip go!? I'm planning a road trip from South Carolina to Starbase early next year. Any tips?

iAOpIj4KMQUTBW2MnH2oHLEbaTq7it1mY6f1uu6UbZsCx-CNiAW8yDfZKlPn4dzDVhTtOtCxwRNFyBZflN-BIRPSish2l1YGTSWk4AC88y8okgtRUTnRq1XVYUlK7zTk7TzzqfTR