Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start up odd icon [resolved - Pedestrian warning speaker icon]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since my last update (2023.2.10) there's a new icon on the screen at start up. I'm talking about the vertical line of things that light up on the left of the screen when initially starting car. That quickly disappear when the car turns on.
I haven't been able to snag a pic yet, but will try. It's right at the bottom of the line, and looks like a Tesla, with a speaker just above it, and the speaker is crossed out with an X.

Anyone know what that is?

What is the spinning circle on the lower left of the screen. Just above media controls, TPS, etc.? It showed up with the last update. Always there. Always spinning. Doesn't seem to be in a hurry. Doesn't seem to go anywhere. Perhaps another entertainment feature I don't understand, sort of like fart noises.

I dont know of any animated symbol above the media controls. There is a limited regen icon that is green, but thats not animated and doesnt seem to match the description you are talking about.
It would come as no surprise if nobody else has ever gotten this on their screens. But, I'm learning about that, so I recorded a short video of it spinning. . . . . . Hmmm... I can't attach a video, so I captured a frame. You'll have to just trust me that the little 3/4 circle is actually spinning and that's all it has ever done.

Attachments

• Spin.jpg
    Spin.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 92
It's the bottom icon, in white, on the left hand side. I've notice no changes in sounds, speakers, notifications, etc. It goes away, as the rest disappear, so I assume there's nothing wrong. Would just like to know what it means if it DOES come on while driving.

Attachments

• 20230220_191518.jpg
    20230220_191518.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 62
It's the bottom icon, in white, on the left hand side. I've notice no changes in sounds, speakers, notifications, etc. It goes away, as the rest disappear, so I assume there's nothing wrong. Would just like to know what it means if it DOES come on while driving.
Since Boom Box seems to be currently disabled, it would make sense to be the icon for "external speaker muted / disabled" - but that's only a guess, it isn't currently mentioned in the owner's manual.

Since my last update (2023.2.10) there's a new icon on the screen at start up. I'm talking about the vertical line of things that light up on the left of the screen when initially starting car. That quickly disappear when the car turns on.
I haven't been able to snag a pic yet, but will try. It's right at the bottom of the line, and looks like a Tesla, with a speaker just above it, and the speaker is crossed out with an X.

Anyone know what that is?

I found the thread about this that I was remembering (from the model 3 subforum). A regular member on TMC (@Randy-12 ) asked the question and got an answer from the service center.

Here is the thread with the discussion (and answer):

Interestingly, when I search the model Y manual online, I can see the blurb about the pedestrian warning system, but not the icon that is screenshotted in the thread linked above.

I found the thread about this that I was remembering (from the model 3 subforum). A regular member on TMC (@Randy-12 ) asked the question and got an answer from the service center.

Here is the thread with the discussion (and answer):

Interestingly, when I search the model Y manual online, I can see the blurb about the pedestrian warning system, but not the icon that is screenshotted in the thread linked above.
Thanks. Very helpful post.

Reactions: jjrandorin