Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the speaker icon? [resolved - Pedestrian warning speaker icon]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my screen with I press the break along the left hand side. There is a row of icons.
The bottom one with the car and the speaker with the X
I can't find this one in the manual

Does anyone know what it is?
IMG_4451 - Copy.JPG

Im going to guess (but am not 100% sure) that is the icon to signify whether alert sounds have been silenced or not. "Alert sounds" like the ones that vehicles with Ultrasonic sensors make to warn you that you are too close to something, etc.

Since pretty much every vehicle I have ever driven lights up its instrument panel on start up (to test all lights I believe) I have no idea what the actual state of your alert sounds are, but that would be my guess. Im just guessing though, since the icon is pretty obviously signifying "silent car" but I am not sure exactly "what" is silent.

I thought the same, like the outside speaker was off.
But I've silenced nothing. I hear the sound while backing up.
All my alerts sound, and I've yet to see a place to silence them.

I'm going to put in a request to Tesla to find out, through the service app is the only way I know of to ask.

I thought the same, like the outside speaker was off.
But I've silenced nothing. I hear the sound while backing up.
All my alerts sound, and I've yet to see a place to silence them.

I'm going to put in a request to Tesla to find out, through the service app is the only way I know of to ask.
If its not on your screen when you are driving, its not an active light / alert. It would only signify it was active if you saw it someplace other than "on startup". If you do, then you can put in a ticket. If you dont, you dont need to do so as its not active.

The regen limited light is not there, but it will appear if I turn off blended breaks
The snow flake is not there, as it is not cold

So if your theory is correct as "test the lights" then there is a bigger issue as others lights are missing

Those "lights" reveal the startup self-tests in progress. It seems that most of them need to turn off before one can shift into D or R.

I'll bet the new gray one indicates that the car is checking the pedestrian warning speaker. This hypothesis implies that hackers could mollify it by disconnecting the speaker after the self-test, although why they'd want to defeat the safety feature is beyond me.

"Regen limited" is not a startup self-test.

What's the snowflake? Does that warn about icy roads?

Edit: Those lights also indicate info while driving, like fog lights on.

Reactions: Park2670
If its not on your screen when you are driving, its not an active light / alert. It would only signify it was active if you saw it someplace other than "on startup". If you do, then you can put in a ticket. If you dont, you dont need to do so as its not active.
I've put in a ticket and my SC has just called me.
They don't know what it is.

They just found it, pedestrian warning system

IMG_0942.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Those "lights" reveal the startup self-tests in progress. It seems that most of them need to turn off before one can shift into D or R.

I'll bet the new gray one indicates that the car is checking the pedestrian warning speaker. This hypothesis implies that hackers could mollify it by disconnecting the speaker after the self-test, although why they'd want to defeat the safety feature is beyond me.

"Regen limited" is not a startup self-test.

What's the snowflake? Does that warn about icy roads?

Edit: Those lights also indicate info while driving, like fog lights on.
The icons are listed in the user manual

The sc told me that they would bounce this up the chain to have it listed in the manual, as it should be there.
Said it was an oversight.

The icons are listed in the user manual

The sc told me that they would bounce this up the chain to have it listed in the manual, as it should be there.
Said it was an oversight.

Im bumping this up, because it came up in the model Y subforum.

@Randy-12 thanks again for chasing this down previously.