Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Started car up yesterday to a bunch of fun errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Cannot maintain vehicle power - Car may stop driving or shut down
- Unable to Charge
- Car needs service to charge

Tried rebooting and the "Cannot maintain vehicle power - Car may stop driving or shut down" error went away, but the other two stayed. The entire time, it sounded like it was trying to close the already closed charge port door and no command or button on the app or in the car would open it.
The part that sucked was the call to service was fairly long and when they tried to connect me to roadside for a tow due to some high voltage errors and the first error, I ended up holding for around 40 min with no progress. I then had to leave so I told the agent on the phone I would call back later to arrange the tow. Today I called back and the agent on the phone would not authorize a tow and basically said I had to drive the vehicle to the service center. They said that since the error was ~20hrs ago, a tow would no longer be covered. Fortunately nothing happened on the 20mile drive in, but I was really annoyed by this, one agent that is adamant that I shouldn't drive the car and then another who insists nothing is wrong with it.

I'm now waiting to get some info on what happened, the previous incidents that I've looked up all seem to render the car useless. The other odd factor is I've put about 900 miles on the car already with a mix of supercharging and L2 charging with no issues.

My Model 3's main computer died completely a week after delivery (no display, no rebooting, only basic app functions worked but nothing over cellular, but still driveable), but they had the car back to me in a week including ordering a new computer from California and over the holidays.

Hopefully it's good sign that they're working on the service issues, but I hope you get it back soon!

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78