Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Std range plus are now routing without traffic data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So past few days my navigation routing guidance stop calculating the arrival time without the traffic anymore. Say it always show the routing guidance without the traffic. Say a place tells me I arrive there at 930am I ended up got three 950am due to traffic. I used to have those. Mind you I have the range plus not the Std range.

Is there something wrong or Tesla taken the function away?

Tesla is in the process of adjusting the features to those on the original configurations.

Many owners got premium features for a while that were not supposed to be included in that price. It has taken Tesla a while to write and validate the software to decontent those vehicles.

I am sure many hoped that they would continue to get the goodies from the higher spec cars, but alas it was not to be.

Tesla is now working on an upgrade path (and price) for those wanting to get those desired features back.

Thanks for the generic answer, but that is about the displaying of the traffic data. The routing is still supposed to take into account traffic on SR/SR+, and that data comes from another provider.

And the software nerfing that you're talking about affects users who bought an SR and temporarily received an SR+. The original poster has an SR+.

Don't believe me, believe the FAQ straight from horse's mouth 'emphasis mine):
Will Standard Connectivity affect in-car maps and routing?
No. All cars with Standard Connectivity will continue to receive maps & navigation functionality similar to those with Premium Connectivity, including traffic-based routing, Trip Planner and Supercharger stall availability. Premium Connectivity will add satellite-view maps and live traffic visualization.

@CrazyM3 loks like either an LTE connection issue or some glitch with the upstream servers providing the traffic data, AFAIK.

Last edited:
Thanks for the generic answer, but that is about the displaying of the traffic data. The routing is still supposed to take into account traffic on SR/SR+, and that data comes from another provider.

And the software nerfing that you're talking about affects users who bought an SR and temporarily received an SR+. The original poster has an SR+.

Don't believe me, believe the FAQ straight from horse's mouth 'emphasis mine):

@CrazyM3 loks like either an LTE connection issue or some glitch with the upstream servers providing the traffic data, AFAIK.
Do you have the same problem?

So past few days my navigation routing guidance stop calculating the arrival time without the traffic anymore. Say it always show the routing guidance without the traffic. Say a place tells me I arrive there at 930am I ended up got three 950am due to traffic. I used to have those. Mind you I have the range plus not the Std range.

Is there something wrong or Tesla taken the function away?

No, this should not be happening. The problem is there is no way to confirm that your car is receiving and utilizing traffic data (other than confirming you have good LTE coverage). I would try rebooting (just to be sure) and watch it over the next few days to see if the problem persists or hopefully just fixes itself on its own. If it doesn’t, it’’s probably time to call Tesla.