Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering angle sensor reset? Had alignment done.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I adjusted the toe cause my steering wheel is off center, now that its centered after the adjustment.
Do you know why the wheel was not centered? A new car delivered this way? Sudden after damage? After work was done on the car?
Unless you know you had a good alignment before, just with an off center wheel, then yes, you need an alignment.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Do you know why the wheel was not centered? A new car delivered this way? Sudden after damage? After work was done on the car?
Unless you know you had a good alignment before, just with an off center wheel, then yes, you need an alignment.
New car delivered with off center steering wheel, took it to tesla SC and they did an alignment and still off center. I then adjusted the tie rod myself and now its centered.

Bought a M3 RWD (46K miles) from an auction with the front right lower control arm nut broke off so I bought a used control arm (didn't know that I can buy it from Tesla because of posts from different forums) and replaced it. I noticed the front right wheel toes in a lot and needless to say the car pulls one direction. I tried to open the right outer tie rod to adjust and couldn't but I noticed I can rotate the tie rod a little bit to the front and back on both left and right tie rods. I tested my friend M3 (15K miles) tie rod and they don't move. I tested my 2017 honda civic and it moves just like my M3 so I wonder if that's normal. After test drive a little bit I has DI_a223 traction control disabled, DI_a222 stability control disabled, DI_a178 steering alignment needs adjustments. I wonder if full alignment will fix these issues?

Bought a M3 RWD (46K miles) from an auction with the front right lower control arm nut broke off so I bought a used control arm (didn't know that I can buy it from Tesla because of posts from different forums) and replaced it. I noticed the front right wheel toes in a lot and needless to say the car pulls one direction. I tried to open the right outer tie rod to adjust and couldn't but I noticed I can rotate the tie rod a little bit to the front and back on both left and right tie rods. I tested my friend M3 (15K miles) tie rod and they don't move. I tested my 2017 honda civic and it moves just like my M3 so I wonder if that's normal. After test drive a little bit I has DI_a223 traction control disabled, DI_a222 stability control disabled, DI_a178 steering alignment needs adjustments. I wonder if full alignment will fix these issues?
steering angle sensor seems to know that it's out of spec.

Steering angle sensor needs to be reset (after a proper alignment). This can be achieve in the service menu.