Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Button Issue Post-Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out for advice on an issue with my steering wheel buttons. Three months ago, my steering wheel buttons and horn stopped functioning. I got them replaced, costing over €300. Since then, the buttons and horn work well, but I've been facing a peculiar issue. Every time I enter my car, the right steering wheel button automatically activates, triggering the last-used function.

I've received a car-specific update from Tesla, hoping to resolve this, but unfortunately, it didn't help. The diagnostics didn't indicate any problems either. A second button replacement was attempted, yet the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Yep I have the same problem. Came after the last update! Not a physical issue. Probably done on purpose to dissallow being able to send audio via bluetooth, use summon, autopark etc. All those things also don't work when phone gets prompted to do previous function every few seconds

Upvote 0