Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Wheel Memory Position Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Just got my MX back from service for a key fob issue where the ‘body control unit?’ Had to be replaced.

Now, my steering where will not reposition according to the profiles I have saved. The seat and mirrors reposition just fine. I am also able to manually move the steering wheel.

I did try resetting the center display but the issue persisted. Anyone else run into something like this?

I Just got my MX back from service for a key fob issue where the ‘body control unit?’ Had to be replaced.

Now, my steering where will not reposition according to the profiles I have saved. The seat and mirrors reposition just fine. I am also able to manually move the steering wheel.

I did try resetting the center display but the issue persisted. Anyone else run into something like this?

I have the same problem ... i'm going to try and delete all the profiles and start again.

Reactions: boaterva
Same thing happened to me. The SC was going to replace the steering column but when they got it apart, it started working again. They reassembled everything and told me if it happened again, they would replace the BCU. This was about 4 weeks ago and the problem has not come back.