Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm messages after steering column control module re-installed on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everybody,

Recently when turning to the left or right I could feel a little clicking when my steering wheel was leaving the center position. So this week-end I unmounted the steering wheel and the steering column control module on my 2017 Model X. I didn't find the initial issue and decided to re-install everything but when I went for a test drive, the car started to display the following messages :
  • "Traction control disabled"
  • "Stability control disabled"
  • "Park Assist unavailable"
I made multiple resets of the car and double checked what I could have done wrong. The most probable mistake is that I didn't align this little golden disk properly. Or maybe I have to go into the hidden maintenance menu to calibrate it ?
IMG_4388.jpg

If you have any advice, suggestions or solutions for this issue I would much appreciate any help at all.

Eric.

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled the software, but it didn't make any difference. The issue was that when I reinstalled the clock spring, it wasn't aligned with the golden disc in the photo above. All those system error messages have disappeared now but when I turned the steering wheel to its limit, since the Clock spring wasn't centered, I accidentally tore one of the ribbons. and now the buttons/scrolling buttons on the steering wheel and the horn no longer work.

I'll have to buy a new clock spring i suppose.

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled the software, but it didn't make any difference. The issue was that when I reinstalled the clock spring, it wasn't aligned with the golden disc in the photo above. All those system error messages have disappeared now but when I turned the steering wheel to its limit, since the Clock spring wasn't centered, I accidentally tore one of the ribbons. and now the buttons/scrolling buttons on the steering wheel and the horn no longer work.

Hey Duracuire,

I think I have done something similar to you. one of the “ribbon” is torn when I drop the steering column to make room for the i-shaft.

Steering assist reduced
Automatic emergency braking is disable
Park assist unavailable
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled

Do you know which ribbon is it?

Hey Duracuire,

I think I have done something similar to you. one of the “ribbon” is torn when I drop the steering column to make room for the i-shaft.

Steering assist reduced
Park assist unavailable

Hey Duracuire,

Steering assist reduced
Park assist unavailable

Hey Eric and all,

My car info:

2016 Model S 85D

Attachments

• IMG_6188.jpeg
    IMG_6188.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8852.jpeg
    IMG_8852.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 34
Hello everybody,

Recently when turning to the left or right I could feel a little clicking when my steering wheel was leaving the center position. So this week-end I unmounted the steering wheel and the steering column control module on my 2017 Model X. I didn't find the initial issue and decided to re-install everything but when I went for a test drive, the car started to display the following messages :
  • "Traction control disabled"
  • "Stability control disabled"
  • "Park Assist unavailable"
I made multiple resets of the car and double checked what I could have done wrong. The most probable mistake is that I didn't align this little golden disk properly. Or maybe I have to go into the hidden maintenance menu to calibrate it ?
View attachment 944084

If you have any advice, suggestions or solutions for this issue I would much appreciate any help at all.

Eric.
Hope this help solve your problem:

Reactions: TOBASH