Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel wear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
2018 model s. notice the top of steering wheel is worn at 12 o clock(about a 3 inch section)- where as the rest of the wheel looks new. I drive mostly 10 oclock/ 2 o clock on the wheel. Is this something covered by tesla?

Are you sure it's wear? I thought the same thing about my 2018 Model S. A good cleaning with Car Guys Super Cleaner and showed me that it was oil from my hands on the steering wheel.
yes, I am wondering. I am a 4 and 8 driver and noticed a change that looked like wear, but after the wife said something like "maybe it is your grubby hands leaving grime all over it", then we cleaned it, and to my surprise, it now looks the same as the rest of the wheel. This is after 3 years of driving.

Reactions: Tezzie
Yup … you gotta clean your steering wheel as well. Its probably the dirtiest part of the interior of the vehicle. Microfiber cloth + mild cleaning solution gets the grime off. I try not to think of how FILTHY the steering wheels are of the rental cars I drive. :eek: