Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wore off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I was wondering if you can help me. I do have an appointment with service later this week but wanted thoughts. My steering feels loose and the car does not feel planted to the ground. I just got my winter rims and tires balanced and aligned they just came in the mail. My old tires and rims also were like this. Basically it’s bard to drive the car on the highway I can’t relax because the steering feels loose. I put it in the sport setting but to me it’s like it’s less force then the sport settings months ago. What parts could be going bad or what do you suggest? I have to keep making so many micro corrections when driving on the highway. Thanks!

also the car is not harder to trun but the steering is just much looser

Ok, next is to check the tie rods in front, my son broke oneon his car and it felt like this.. you can visually inspect for damage.
Also toe or camber being off will cause this feeling as well.
Also double check the wheel torque on the new wheels you just added for winter. Finally check to make sure your tires are not directional, this could cause issues with steering and tire performance.

• Informative
Reactions: Amstel44
Oh w
Ok, next is to check the tie rods in front, my son broke oneon his car and it felt like this.. you can visually inspect for damage.
Also toe or camber being off will cause this feeling as well.
Also double check the wheel torque on the new wheels you just added for winter. Finally check to make sure your tires are not directional, this could cause issues with steering and tire performance.
Wow thanks! That is a little much from me hopefully TESLA will be able to figure it out and under warranty

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe