Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stephen Colbert Warns Tesla Owners: Everyone Hates Us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That much is true.

See below for truth about comparing EVs to ICE:

-Don- Reno, NV

.... to add and to take it even further to prove the point that EVs are cleaner than ICE, throw in the fact that the battery packs can be repurposed for home units and/or recycled extracting 90%+ of the precious metals and turned into Black Mass to make new batteries.... Case closed.

I remember seeing this video before and after watching it again, I appreciate the sources used to back his points.

btw...far from a tree hugger here, in fact saving the planet isn't even on the top 20 for why I prefer EVs (my take is you better deal with china and other countries who make up the bulk of the World's pollution problem), although I do appreciate that it's cleaner. #1 reason to #16 is because I simply love new tech. #17 EVs are fun to drive, #18 EVs are way more efficient than ICE, #19 it only cost >$5 to charge up the car (without even solar) and #20 exhaust fumes annoy me.

Keep letting the cows fart.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
History=facts. The first cars backfired a lot, spooked horses trampled pedestrians. It wasn't cool to walk back then, like now, so cars weren't banned.
Cheap labor=affordable ice cars and high demand for petro until shareholders see alternatives.

At a Tesla SC w/ a CCS to NACS Adapter.

Current owners of HMG (Hyundai Motor Group) EVs with CCS may receive a free adapter like Ford Lightning/Mach-e owners are now.

HMG will be the first to have the NACS port on their EVs come Q4 of this year (if all goes as planned). This is huge and is literally game changing.

There are a lot of Y and likely X owners on the sidelines for the KIA EV9 to ship with a NACS port, who want a proper SUV. We're one of them.

Even now with the CCS port, it's not the end of the world having to use an adapter, but we just prefer the NACS to be native.

A fully loaded EV9 GT can be had for just $57K from certain dealers, which is insane. Of course, if leased everyone gets the $7500 off the top at the point of sale.

The KIA EV9 recently Won World Car and World EV of the Year. For what it's worth, but if you look at the panel, it consists of a lot of judges from all over the world. Considering the current EV offerings, in my opinion it's well deserved.

About the IONIQ 6 lease deal, it's too good to pass up.
This might be my next SUV