Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Can't Upgrade to 20" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - brand new to the forum as I wait for my MYLR with EDD of June. Just wanted to share that I tried to upgrade my 19" Geminis to the 20" wheels today through the Tesla SA. To be clear - no expectation of queue jumping or earlier delivery, just regretted not getting the nicer wheels. She told me if she upgraded my wheels, that the entire order reverts to today's pricing, and not the pricing I locked in at, plus the $2,600 for the wheels. Pretty ridiculous (I passed, obviously) as that would have cost me over $10K for the wheels. Tesla's policy is against their own self interest and seems pretty irrational. I saw on some US forums that they had resolved this issue, but I guess common sense hasn't quite made its way to Canada yet.

Unfortunately they were only honouring order changes at the price book you ordered at for US customers only. That was quite a surprise actually since they don’t really seem to care about customers at all. They just want to make as much money as they can as quickly as they can. Right now they have the market for stellar EVs cornered and until they are challenged there, we are at the mercy of these policies.

They would rather boot an existing old order from the line at the lower price and bring the next person in at the current market price. I mean, I get it, more money for them which is their ultimate goal as a company. But it can suck dealing with them as a customer, especially after you’ve taken delivery and they really don’t give a *sugar* about you anymore.

Yes that's the conclusion I came to as well. Just boggles the mind how something so simple and so logical escapes them. Oh well.
So it’s logical to throw away their ordering system and add to their already overworked distributors? I don’t follow the logic here.

Every change they allow, even for something seemingly simple as tires and rims just means they have more work to do down the line.

So it’s logical to throw away their ordering system and add to their already overworked distributors? I don’t follow the logic here.

Every change they allow, even for something seemingly simple as tires and rims just means they have more work to do down the line.
I hear you - but let's agree to disagree on this one. Higher margin for taking the tires from a different pile. Not talking about anything else. Not a huge deal though so it falls in the "whatever" category for me.
I'm toying with the idea of swapping my 20's for the 19's. Just took delivery, car is getting PPF. About 100km on them. Let me know what you would offer if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer. Let me think it through an het back to you. Are you in the GTA?