Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stinky HVAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying over time the car will smell due to heat and humidity? I have only had my Model Y for 4 days but it smells just fine - in fact you can't really smell anything. The air inside is very clean and not humid.

If I remember correctly this was addressed by allowing HVAC system to run a bit after shutting down the car, to dry out everything. I'm hoping MY does same thing.

Does the Model 3 do this automatically to address this? Or are you saying that you would manually leave the fan running and the AC off to dry things out after parking? Not sure how it works in the Model Y.

Does the Model 3 do this automatically to address this? Or are you saying that you would manually leave the fan running and the AC off to dry things out after parking? Not sure how it works in the Model Y.

I'm not sure honestly. I've been following this for a while and I read on model 3 forums that an update sometime around July of last year added something to run the fan on low speed for a while after the car is shut off, to dry out the evaporator.