Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch For Heat Warning - Why Not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that Excessive Heat Warnings are not on the list for severe weather events that trigger Storm Watch. I am wondering why they don't include it? I know in many areas, especially my area where all power lines are underground, we are more likely to lose power during extreme heat than any other severe weather event (other than Red Flag Warning.) This causes more ACs to be ran and overloads the grid. Transformers are also more likely to fail due to the heat and overload.

Red Flag Warnings, which is on the list, is the most common cause for an outage in my area, but this is mostly a result of the utilities intentionally cutting power, not failure in the grid that results in repairs being needed

Last edited:
Would be nice if you could configure it more. I had to disable Storm Watch because it was constantly triggering on High Wind Warnings which we get all the time in Arizona. Granted my utility is very reliable so I'm not too worried.