Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm Watch in Much of Socal 2/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of the mountain and foothill communities in SoCal are under a Blizzard Warning or Winter Storm Warning. High deserts under a high wind warning. Never seen such a broad area under warnings at one time. The local mountains in LA County are expecting over 70 inches of snow in the higher elevations and some peaks could get over 100 inches of snow. Expecting well over 5 inches of rain at my house and water equivalent of rain in the form of snow of over 15 inches in the mountains.

NorCal is also getting very low snow levels in some areas that never get snow. Most of Lake County is without power.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.11.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.11.49 PM.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 74
My PowerWall just went into storm watch mode. Flash flood warning from San Luis Obispo County all the way to eastern LA County. This is a huge area to cover.

Thanks for the heads up. My city isnt under stormwatch right now, but I moved my reserve from 90% to 100% and activated grid charging fill that 10% just now. We are getting a lot of rain right now, in fact.

Reactions: skepticcyclist
Thanks for the heads up. My city isnt under stormwatch right now, but I moved my reserve from 90% to 100% and activated grid charging fill that 10% just now. We are getting a lot of rain right now, in fact.
You maybe soon. It was just Sant Barbara and Ventura County about 5 hours ago. About 2 hours ago it extended east to eastern LA County. Now western San Bernardino and south western Riverside County are under a flood watch.

I'm glad storm watch triggered. I forgot to raise my reserve yesterday after I used my battery for the peak time. Today didn't produce near enough solar to fill my battery. Now it is full thanks to StormWatch and I raised my reserve to 90%.