Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming Sirius/XM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my MYLR on Saturday (6/4/22) and can't figure out how to get Sirius/XM to work. We have a subscription that allows for streaming. Does anyone know how to do this? Love my Tesla by the way - fairly easy to get up and going, going, gone.

There is a lengthy thread (or two) on this topic. In summary your options for receiving SiriusXm radio in the Tesla Model Y include:

A) Installing a SiriusXM receiver and external satellite signal antenna. The receiver would plug into the 12V accessory port and rebroadcast the SiriusXM signal using either FM or Bluetooth to the Tesla Infotainment system.

B) Downloading the SiriusXM app onto your phone, use Bluetooth to stream the audio to the Tesla. (Your phone's data plan would apply.) Some have stated that they cannot stream the SiriusXM programming when driving in an area without cell phone coverage. SiriusXM now provides for caching of some SiriusXM progamming, play lists for this scenario, i.e. when not able to receive the cell signals such as when riding in an airplane.

C) Install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone and purchase the Amazon Echo Auto microphone array gadget (~$25 when on sale). The Echo Auto microphone array is powered by the Tesla vehicle's 12V accessory port and communicates over a separate Bluetooth connection with your phone. The Echo Auto microphone array enables full hands free operation of the Alexa app. The Alexa app has a skill for SiriusXM (you need to log in one time using your SiriusXM Id and password.) Once logged in you can use voice commands such as "Alexa, play Howard Stern on SiriusXM" or "Play station 100 on SiriusXM". The Alexa SiriusXM voice command functions are pretty basic; i.e. you can say play, pause, stop and skip. Your phone's data plan would apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: TenTwo
Upvote 0