Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that difficult anymore on a Tesla since I can use Teslamirror.

The Teslamirror app for iphone and android now makes it possible to stream any content on your phone screen to the Tesla web browser. No extra hardware needed. I use it everyday to put Waze on the big screen and my passengers like to watch Youtube while I am enjoying driving my Tesla.

www.teslamirror.com

* if you've got MCU2, which not everyone has.

Just upgraded to newer iphone 12 with 5ghz WiFi and streaming youtube and movies over Teslamirror is much faster and better resolution
So far so good with my Samsung U22. I have been messing with this mirror app for 3 days now and I like that I can just use the Ys screen. The downside- gotta clean the screen more frequently. Ha! Also, I think for my needs, it will suit better on our longer drives.

I don't think that Teslamirror will display videos with the 11.3.x FSDb releases. There is a bug in the Tesla browser that affects video display. This bug also affects the teslaa app, but that app's author has provided a temporary workaround. If someone has Teslamirror working with one of the recent FSDb releases, please post here. This bug might have been fixed in 11.4.x.