Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Struggling between Model 3 RWD and AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think 5% loss after 100,000km is high end. That's only 250 cycles. Would mean the car would almost be worn out after just 1000 cycles. I'd say half (2.5% degradation after 100k) is about on the money expected right now for the LFP battery and it may do even better.
You can't equate lab cycle tests to tesla cars. 100% on the screen does not mean 100% battery capacity. Nor does 0%, mean 0%. And therefore a lab cycles is not the same as a car cycle.

They only data worth as punch is really world experience with the cars.

You can't equate lab cycle tests to tesla cars. 100% on the screen does not mean 100% battery capacity. Nor does 0%, mean 0%. And therefore a lab cycles is not the same as a car cycle.

They only data worth as punch is really world experience with the cars.

Which as far as I can tell looks brilliant for the LFP cars so far, at least for those who monitor with TeslaFi and as reported by owners so far but understand that's only about a year max of data. I find it very interesting and will be monitoring my own car also.

You don't have 16.5% degradation, and LFP is not better, or worse, just different.

I do have. Why do you assume I dont have 16% degradation? Theres someone in my town with over 20% degradation. He gets like 405km at 100%.

Attachments

• deg9.jpg
    deg9.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 119
I do have. Why do you assume I dont have 16% degradation? Theres someone in my town with over 20% degradation. He gets like 405km at 100%.
Because its so statistically unlikely. And even if you were so unfortunate, you dont represent Joe Average.
Somewhere in the world, some poor sucker probably has 16% degradation with his LFP too, but he also is not representive.

Reactions: CumminsTomic
That’s not normal and I’d have that looked at by Tesla, if true. Maybe the cells need to be balanced or something.

20% degradation in a Tesla is extremely rare from what I have read. Unless you absolutely abuse the battery or whatever.

Reactions: CumminsTomic
I just did a trip from Northern Sydney to Gundagai on the hume highway in 34 degree heat. Tesla Long Range. I started at 95% battery, and arrived with 14% for the 397km distance. 110km/hr freeway. Some climb in elevation.

So, with a bit of rounding, 80% of my battery does 400km. Meaning 100% of my battery would do 500km.

thats extremely lucky, you probably had a lot of rear wind.

I know its not fitting your narrative, but there was very little wind on that day. The car was loaded with 2 people plus holiday luggage. High temperatures outside, the inside set to 22 degree's, and the autopilot set to 112 km/hr which I think equals 110 km/hr real world.

500km at 110km/h is currently not possible unless it is completely windstill, you switch the AC off and drive the entire battery down to actual 0% including the buffer and have a brand new car and get extremely lucky. At 110 without AC and without wind the car uses around 165w/km with 18" and aeros so you can do your own calculations.

500km at 110km/h is currently not possible unless it is completely windstill, you switch the AC off and drive the entire battery down to actual 0% including the buffer and have a brand new car and get extremely lucky. At 110 without AC and without wind the car uses around 165w/km with 18" and aeros so you can do your own calculations.
It happened.