Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck pixels on dash cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else notice stuck “hot” pixels on the front camera? I was watching some footage tonight from the front camera and it’s very noticeable at night that there are a few pixels that are just always stuck on full white. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about but was just curious if anybody else has noticed this on their camera footage.

Anybody else notice stuck “hot” pixels on the front camera? I was watching some footage tonight from the front camera and it’s very noticeable at night that there are a few pixels that are just always stuck on full white. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about but was just curious if anybody else has noticed this on their camera footage.
I have the same issue, but it’s on one of my side repeaters. Two or 3 always white pixels.

Brand new 2022 MYP, front cam has 7-9 hot pixels and side repeaters a couple as well - only pop up like said above, in low light (high ISO) conditions e.g. like underground parking, tunnel...
I've searched over the net for this and found random night dash cam pics with similar densities of hot pixels on Teslas..since iny case they appear on all cameras (except the back cam I haven't noticed any) and I've read this is supposedly normal and even present on high end Canon and Nikon camera sensors I guess it makes no sense calling Tesla and demanding a fix. Most likely they would anyhow just order new cameras and make a replacement (which I am not a big fan of since the car is otherwise perfect) and there is no guarantee "new" cameras will be 100% stuck pixel free.
Moreover, as soon as there is a bit of light the stuck pixels immediately disappear.

Brand new 2022 MYP, front cam has 7-9 hot pixels and side repeaters a couple as well - only pop up like said above, in low light (high ISO) conditions e.g. like underground parking, tunnel...
I've searched over the net for this and found random night dash cam pics with similar densities of hot pixels on Teslas..since iny case they appear on all cameras (except the back cam I haven't noticed any) and I've read this is supposedly normal and even present on high end Canon and Nikon camera sensors I guess it makes no sense calling Tesla and demanding a fix. Most likely they would anyhow just order new cameras and make a replacement (which I am not a big fan of since the car is otherwise perfect) and there is no guarantee "new" cameras will be 100% stuck pixel free.
Moreover, as soon as there is a bit of light the stuck pixels immediately disappear.
Completely normal. Never seen Sentry etc footage at night from a Tesla without some. My 2021 Model S had them, my 2019 Model 3 had them, and my new 2022 Model S has them.

ah..yes, good to know that this is a normal phenomenon. This is basically the only "flaw" (if you can even call it that) I've found so far, besides a few mini bubbles on the rear black window trim, that dissapeared after applying a bit of pressure, and one very very minor pannel missalignment on the front right side which does not bother me.
Otherwise the car is pretty much perfect.

Reactions: WilliamG