Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid Question - Does the M3 have a security alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that there's GPS and all but if the car was broken into or vandalized the car, most basic security car alarm would sound. I can't seem to see where there is this feature in the M3. If not, I am really surprised as it would be nice to have it sound an alarm but also with the phone app, it could certainly notify through an alert as well. Am I missing this or something?

Yes it has an alarm. It’s in the security settings screen. Mine went off while I was out of the car at a supercharger (with my phone in my pocket) and my wife opened the door. Couldn’t figure out how to turn it off— I needed to tap the brake.

Exactly what I did to my wife in the X.

I don't remember getting a phone notification, but I assume I did. Try it out...

I see the settings now on the security and the notification on the app. I was trying to test it but not sure how I can get the alarm to go off. If someone is sitting in the car and has the card key, then the car won't lock. If no one is there, it will lock and I assume it will arm itself. I tried bumping the car slightly but no alarm. So is there an easy way to test it?