Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stylus?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not aware of state laws that outlaw 'distracted driving' without a definition of 'distraction'. Just about anything, including talking to a passenger, could be considered a distraction.They only outlaw the use of handheld phones and texting as far as I know.

quick side question: Does the Matte screen protector, dull the vibrance of the screen when watching a video (e.g. Youtube, etc....)?

yes absoloutely! I put mine on directly after I picked my car up and I had no idea how vibrant the screen was until I looked into someone elses Model 3!
That said the matte appearance has a quality on its own.
Its exactly the same as comparing matte laptop displays to brilliant (crystalbite, crystal-clear etc) laptop displays. In the mid 2000s "crystalbite" was all the rage and in the late 2000s matte ones already made a comeback.

Reactions: 804son
Not aware of state laws that outlaw 'distracted driving' without a definition of 'distraction'. Just about anything, including talking to a passenger, could be considered a distraction.They only outlaw the use of handheld phones and texting as far as I know.
What are you talking about? Distracted driving has been a ticked offense forever. And yes, talking to a passenger if you keep looking at them and not the road is distracted driving. So is messing with your cars audio system if you aren't paying attention to the road.

What are you talking about? Distracted driving has been a ticked offense forever. And yes, talking to a passenger if you keep looking at them and not the road is distracted driving. So is messing with your cars audio system if you aren't paying attention to the road.

Every state has its own laws. I am familiar with NYS and it does not specifically mention distracted driving, just texting and talking on hand held phones. I would appreciate it if you would give speciific state examples in case I travel through those jurisdictions.

Reactions: CheapBastid