Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Submit Another Order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The experiment has begun. I cancelled my day zero order and resubmitted a new order for the same thing. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, then I would have been waiting anyway.

When I spoke to Tesla this week, I was told 8-12 weeks on my original order, which seemed abominable.

White/White/LR/20"/No FSD
So, we are in the same boat -- we placed an order about 10 minutes after the orders opened on March 14, 2019 (10pm EST :) ) $2500 deposit, same white/white LR AWD 20" combo -- crickets from our advisor. When you cancelled your original order and replaced the order, was it $1290 higher in cost? It looks like the cost of the LR AWD went up from $51000 to $52,290 on our end. I am very interested to see if you get a VIN. The only difference is we are on the east coast. Keep up posted?

I'm not in any hurry to take delivery but this is a pretty customer unfriendly tactic to get people to give up their early order discount. For me to re-order (order placed 3/17/2019) or add a tow hitch it would cost me $3000 plus the cost of the option so I'm told I will instead have to take delivery as configured (presumably after they have processed the newer orders) and then bring it back to a dealer for tow hitch installation which is not terribly convenient but whatever. It keeps the dealers busy doing dumb stuff instead of you know servicing cars (which they are well behind on - my model 3 has been in for 5 days and counting).

-OD

Well... this backfired. My original order from Jan was just delivered today (MSM/Black PUP No-FSD No-Tow)

I’ll be canceling my backup order which was the same configuration without the PUP.

Good luck everyone, it’s worth the wait I promise! This thing is incredible!

Reactions: Dennisis
Congrats! I do think Tesla has made a bit of a shift from customer appreciation to profitability especially because they need to make money in this quarter to be including in the (not so passive) S&P 500. In this COVID era that will require some maneuvering and I think that's exactly what they are doing - delivering the most profitable cars first regardless of when you ordered the car or your purchase history (as they did with Model 3 deliveries).

Well... this backfired. My original order from Jan was just delivered today (MSM/Black PUP No-FSD No-Tow)

I’ll be canceling my backup order which was the same configuration without the PUP.

Good luck everyone, it’s worth the wait I promise! This thing is incredible!
Took one for the team! First one ready after your reorder? Coincidence?

Here's an update to my saga.

Recap: I ordered at 12:07am on day zero and never received any communication from Tesla, other than, months ago, I was texted instructions to make sure my trade-in info was complete. The only thing showing on my account page was the "Lemon Law" PDF.

White/White/LR/20"/no FSD

After hearing of people getting their car a week after ordering, I called Tesla two weeks ago to make sure there weren't problems with my order and to ask why I seem to be so far behind others, despite ordering so early. I was told, "at least 8-12 weeks".

Buoyed by the reports here, on 6/7/20 I cancelled my initial order and immediately re-ordered the same exact car (although without a trade-in this time). Right after ordering, an "Order Agreement" PDF appeared on my account - something that I never got on the first order after 15 months.

Anyway, today I got a text from Tesla telling me to expect "delivery near the end of June". The text was worded a little differently than what most others are reporting. Still no VIN in the source code, but at least things seem to be moving. Still can't be 100% sure, but I think I did the right thing by cancelling.