Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suburban Supercharger cables

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

beths11

THE LONG RANGER
Apr 30, 2013
Molalla, OR
I vacation near newly installed supercharges. They are the suburban type and are installed back to back in one section. It seems people have a hard time understanding which cable to use and how the cables should be hung. Why is this an issue? Today when I was there it was mostly empty except for two other cars(at least 24 stalls). They were back to back (using chargers on each side of the island). One car pulled the wrong cable so they were effectively on the "a" and "b" of chargers (reducing the charge rate they were each getting). I would love to have someone create a sticker to put on the charger, showing which cable should be used. They do have numbers at the bottom, but some how it is not intuitively obvious. I only figured it out by looking how the cables ran on the single units.
right.jpg wrong.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Because someone pulled into the other side and thought that they got the right cable first???
Could have also been used by a car with a trailer and they pulled into the other side to not block folks, but things just didn't normalize yet.

Remember, to get a Tesla, you only need to be able to sign your name.

This is not easy to explain..On one side of the Island there are units 1a, 1b, 2a....- 6a (11 chargers) on the other side of the island on are 6b..10b. Yes they are all individual chargers but they are set back to back. So a car on the 1-6 side was charging at 5b, a car pulled onto the 6 -10 side and should have pulled the cable attached to 8a, but instead pulled the cable from the charger on the back side 5a. So two cars different sides should not have been sharing a charger but were do to a user not understand which cable to use.

Is that any clearer or do I need a diagram?