Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sucks to be tall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad I'm the height of an average American male.

upload_2017-3-30_16-12-54.png

upload_2017-3-30_16-23-34.png

upload_2017-3-30_16-18-27.png

His knee is actually touching the screen while sitting normally...

upload_2017-3-30_16-19-50.png

upload_2017-3-30_16-22-4.png

I wonder how many screens Tesla will have to replace due to people inadvertently jerking their knee up and smashing the screen loose? Talk about poor design.

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-30_16-14-51.png
    upload_2017-3-30_16-14-51.png
    783.5 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Model 3
Good point.

There is still reason to hope ergonomic details may have improved.

But yeah, it seems possible Tesla got a bit too caught up in their big screen idea and are forcing down various compromises to keep that...

No. if you watch the video you hear the guy say he is freaking white Michael Jordan. He is 6'7".

The first pic seems more of an average guy and hence you got decent legroom. again I would think Tesla drivers may have purposely pulled a little forward to enhance the rear passenger legroom for the guests. Because when you look in the video almost everyone that drives shorgun has descent legroom.

again I would think Tesla drivers may have purposely pulled a little forward to enhance the rear passenger legroom for the guests. Because when you look in the video almost everyone that drives shorgun has descent legroom.

Yes, you do it for rear passenger legroom and to expedite the side & middle person being able to get in and out quickly and safely. Wasn't there at the event but imagine they were doing everything as quickly as possible to get the most ppl into and out of the cars.

I would think Tesla drivers may have purposely pulled a little forward to enhance the rear passenger legroom for the guests. Because when you look in the video almost everyone that drives shorgun has descent legroom.

This. The standard "scripts" for the drivers mentioned seating positions and legroom for rear-seat passengers, so in order to avoid contradicting themselves, the taller drivers pushed their seats a little more forward than normal.